- This announcement invites new research proposals focused on identifying protein biomarkers for cancers where etiology of the disease is attributed to infectious agents.
- Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
- Applications for R01 and R21 awards will be considered.
- Eligible organizations include:
- For profit or non-profit organizations;
- Public or private institutions such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories;
- Units of State and local governments;
- Eligible agencies of the Federal government; and
- Domestic or foreign institutions/organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- There is no limit on the number of scientifically distinct applications that may be submitted from an institution.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired are available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Cancer Cause and Prevention Research
Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research
Oral Diseases and Disorders Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster